Got this from one of my email support groups, and thought it was hilarious, so now I share with you.
Why Public Schooling Is Better Than Homeschooling ~ Scott Ott
1. Most parents were educated in the under funded public school
system, and so are not smart enough to homeschool their own children.
2. Children who receive one-on-one homeschooling will learn more than
others, giving them an unfair advantage in the marketplace. This is
3. How can children learn to defend themselves unless they have to
fight off bullies on a daily basis?
4. Ridicule from other children is important to the socialization
5. Children in public schools can get more practice “Just Saying No”
to drugs, cigarettes and alcohol.
6. Fluorescent lighting may have significant health benefits.
7. Publicly asking permission to go to the bathroom teaches young
people their place in society.
8. The fashion industry depends upon the peer pressure that only
public schools can generate.
9. Public schools foster cultural literacy, passing on important
traditions like the singing of “Jingle Bells, Batman smells, Robin
laid an egg…”
10. Homeschooled children may not learn important office career
skills, like how to sit still for six hours straight